The International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage, and Analysis (usually referred to as “Supercomputing”) is one of the largest and most influential technology conferences in the world. I’ve been attending since 2004 (I have the swag to prove it), and the changes since then are staggering. Infrastructure continues to evolve at a breakneck pace to meet the needs of a data driven economy, and the storage component is no exception.
The HPC storage landscape continues to be an area of active growth and associated spending. For example:
- Global HPC storage revenue will grow by 7.8% between 2016-2021, as compared to 5.8% for HPC compute according to Hyperion Research
- Organizations continue to generate data at a high rate, for instance the National Energy Research Scientific Computing Center (NERSC) data footprint has grown from 3.5 PiB to 146 PiB in 10 years, with an annual growth rate of 30%
For organizations evaluating their storage options as data grows in size and complexity, a key component is a comprehensive, scalable, and high performance strategy to manage that data. Legacy solutions were not designed to handle the petascale needs of today’s HPC workloads. Igneous can help with this challenge.
Visit us at the Igneous booth ( #1070) during Supercomputing 2019 and see how we are already helping organizations just like yours:
- Gain visibility into NAS file data for smarter data management
- Implement scalable backup and archive, either on-premises or in the cloud with highly parallel policy driven data movement
- Cost-effectively manage file data
See you in Denver!